Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April Showers


...bring May flowers! April showers are also currently drowning my tomato plants :(

My project and treat to myself for finishing up the semester is going to be revamping a bicycle that I rescued from an ignominious end at the dump. It needs a lot of work, and has a kind of heavy frame, but I stumbled upon it while taking out the recycling and it was love at first sight. Yellow is my favorite color by the way, I had been talking about trying to find a non-mountain bike to bring up to the city to ride to work. It even has a peeling old sticker on the frame that says "adopted". Tell me finding it wasn't fate!


Since I'm going to have to replace the tires, I might snag a pair of Beatrice Holiday's recycled tire earrings (we've got several styles at Young Blood) to keep with the spirit. They're super stylish and lightweight so they won't drag on your ears throughout the day like a lot of statement jewelry.

Keep dry all!

Stephanie

No comments: